:: NEW MEMBERSHIPS ARE ON HOLD DUE TO COVID ::
The Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc. (CPRPC) is an organization of men and women who share a common interest in shooting sports. The Club members volunteer to operate the Coyote Point Rifle Range for the benefit of the public, under the direction of the San Mateo County Sheriff. Club members host competitive shooting events, assist in facility repairs, and participate in activities that promote camaraderie, training, education, and social interaction.
The Coyote Point Rifle Club (CPRPC), is the San Francisco Bay Area’s premier target rifle range, located at the San Mateo Sheriff’s Range, and operated by members of the CPRPC.
- Free admission to the range during Public Shooting hours (M, W, F)
- NRSO-Members receive 50% discounted public admission
- Free access to the range on Club Shooting Days (Sat & Sun)
- 10am-6pm Air Pistols, Air Rifles, and Airsoft
- 25yrd and 50yrd target benches on Club Shooting Days
- Invitations to Member’s Only special events such as Shooting Competitions, Pot-Lucks, Indoor Pistol Night, and Christmas Brunch
- Guest Privileges for Member’s friends/family
Who Can Join
Responsible shooters are encouraged to apply. We recommend that you attend Public Shooting Night or CPRPC shooting competitions in order to demonstrate that you practice safe gun handling techniques and would be an asset to the Club. Applicants should meet all CPRPC requirements outlined in our Application Form including:
- Legal resident of CA
- 21yrs or older (under 21yrs may apply for Junior Membership. Please contact the Membership Chair for details).
- Active membership in the National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Sponsorship by a CPRPC Member.
- Due to changes in insurance and County requirements, we place an emphasis on applicants that have Current NRA RSO Certification. Find out where you can take an NRA RSO course here: https://www.nrainstructors.org/search.aspx
- Fill out the Application Form :: DOWNLOAD FORM ::
- Enlist a CPRPC member to be your Sponsor.
- Bring the form to a Public Shooting Night. Before shooting, inform an RSO (Range Safety Officer) that you are applying to join the Club and want their evaluation. If you have shown safe handling, suitable behavior, and competency, at the end of your shooting time the RSO will sign your Application Form.
- Repeat this process on three different Public Shooting sessions with different RSOs until you have obtained all three RSO signatures.
- Mail your application to the Membership Chair (address on form).
- Attend a CPRPC Board Meeting to be interviewed (2nd Monday of each month except November and December). You will be notified of the Board’s decision that night. If accepted you will become a Probationary Member for 60 days.
- Pay a one-time $75 Initiation fee and $50 Annual Dues (mail to the Membership Chair payable by check to the “Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club”).
- Perform RSO duties once a month
- After 60 days (and/or two RSO duties) you may be approved for Regular Membership if you have shown satisfactory performance and proven yourself an asset to the club.
- $50 Annual Dues for Regular Members or $400 for NRSO Members The annual dues fee is prorated for the Member’s first year. The membership year starts on July 1st.
- Serve as a Range Safety Officer (RSO) one night per month from 6:30pm-9:00pm. (Schedule your night with the RSO Chair) or equivelent volunteer service to the club.
- Maintain NRA RSO certification
- Maintain NRA membership
Regular Member RSO Duties
Supervise public shooting activities at the range. New members will receive basic RSO instruction to perform their club volunteer requirements. Members are encouraged to sign-up for NRA Certified RSO training.
- Control the firing line.
- Maintain order on the range.
- Ensure that shooters follow range regulations.
- Conduct basic inspection of ammo and firearms for rules compliance
- Help educate new users about the range and shooting rules.
- Enforce the rules when necessary.
Members in good standing may request to opt-out of monthly RSO duties by paying $400 annual dues.
For more information
If you have additional questions, you may submit the following form to our Membership Chair will contact you: