The Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club (CPRPC) is the San Francisco Bay Area’s premier Olympic-style Precision Shooting club, based at the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office Siebel Firearms Training Range. The range is owned and managed by the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Department. Public shooting is facilitated by volunteers from the Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club who operate as its Range Safety Officers (RSO).
PUBLIC HOURS OF OPERATION
The range is open to the public for shooting rifles by reservation only.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Times: 7:00pm-10:00pm in one hour increments
- Online Reservations Only
- Waivers must now be submitted online for all participants.
- Walk-on Service is no longer permitted.
- Sign the waiver and book your reservation here.
- The range may be closed due to inclement weather, without prior notice.
- The range may be closed for Law Enforcement training, without prior notice.
PUBLIC RANGE BASIC INFO
- All shooting is done at 100 yards only.
- Rifles Only
- Handguns, shotguns, and Black Powder firearms are NOT permitted.
- .45 cal or smaller.
- No steel core, steel bi-metal, or steel jacketed ammo (all ammo will be checked with magnets). No tracer ammo is allowed.
- No ammo sales or gun rentals are offered at the range.
- Shooters must bring all firearms to the Range unloaded and inside rifle cases or gun bags.
- Shooters must bring chamber flags for each firearm. There are none offered for sale at the Range.
- Everyone, not just shooters, must wear Eyes and Ears, eye and ear protection, when anywhere on the range. There is no personal protection equipment for offered sale at the Range.
- There is limited space at each shooting lane so please bring no more than 3 rifles per visit. There are no rifle racks or ready tables.
- No more than 2 shooters per lane, one at a time.
San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office Siebel Firearms Training Range
Coyote Point Recreation Area
1601 Coyote Point Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401-1002
See DIRECTIONS for instructions and free parking
CLUB MEMBERS RANGE TIME
- Saturdays and Sundays 7am-5pm are Members-Only rimfire and airgun times.
- On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays evenings, when open to the public, Members may use the 4 Members-only lanes for 100-yard rifle shooting.
MEMBERS RANGE REQUIREMENTS
Members must comply with relevant Public Range Rules, and in addition:
- All members must display membership ID badges while at the range facility.
- Be courteous and polite to all Law Enforcement at the range.
- Saturdays and Sundays 7am-5pm are Members Only weekend range time.
- Only airguns or rimfire pistol and rifles may be used on weekends (no centerfire).
- A minimum of 2 RSO-certified members (wearing RSO vests) must be present to shoot at the range during the weekends.
- You may not shoot alone at the range, even if you are an RSO.
- Please utilize the CPRPC Group Mail to coordinate.
- Members may invite guests to compete during weekend matches or for evaluation for membership.
- All guests are required to pay a $20 range fee to the Sheriff’s Department.