The Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc. (CPRPC) is an organization of men and women who share a common interest in the shooting sports. The Club members volunteer to operate the Coyote Point Rifle Range for the benefit of the public, under the direction of the San Mateo County Sheriff. Club members host competitive shooting events, assist in facility repairs, and participate in activities that promote camaraderie, training, education, and social interaction.
- Free admission to the range during Public Shooting hours (M, W, F)
- NRSO-Members receive 50% discounted admission
- Free access to the range on Club Shooting Days (Sat & Sun)
- 10am-6pm Air Pistols and Rifles
- Use of 25yrd and 50yrd target stands on Club Shooting Days
- Invitations to Member’s Only special events such as Shooting Competitions, Pot-Lucks, Indoor Pistol Night, and Christmas Brunch
- Guest Privileges for Member’s friends/family
Join the Club
Responsible shooters are encouraged to apply. We recommend that you attend Public Shooting Night or CPRPC shooting competitions in order to demonstrate that you practice safe gun handling techniques and would be an asset to the Club. Applicants should meet all CPRPC requirements outlined in our Application Form including:
- Legal resident of CA
- 21yrs or older (under 21yrs may apply for Junior Membership. Please contact the Membership Chair for details).
- Active membership in the National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Fill out the Application Form :: DOWNLOAD FORM ::
- Bring the form to a Public Shooting Night (M, W, F). Before shooting, inform an RSO (Range Safety Officer) that you are interested in joining the Club and want their evaluation. At the end of your shooting time the RSO will sign your Application Form, if you have shown safe handling, suitable behavior, and competency.
- Repeat this process on 3 different Public Shooting Nights with a different RSO until you have obtained three RSO signatures.
- Mail your application to the Membership Chair (address on form).
- Attend a Club Board Meeting (2nd Monday or each month except November and December) to be interviewed by the Board. You will be notified of the Board’s decision that night. If accepted you will become a Probationary Member for 60 days.
- Pay a one time $75 Initiation fee and $50 Annual Dues (mail to the Membership Chair payable by check to the “Coyote Point Rifle and Pistol Club”).
- Perform RSO duties once a month for a minimum of 2 months.
- After 60 days (and two monthly RSO duties) you will be promoted to Regular Member, if you have shown satisfactory performance and proven yourself an asset to the club.
- $50 Annual Dues for Regular Members or $400 for NRSO Members The annual dues fee is prorated for the Member’s first year. The membership year starts on July 1st.
- Serve as a Range Safety Officer (RSO) one night per month from 6:30pm-9:00pm. (Schedule your night with the RSO Chair).
Regular Member RSO Duties
Supervise public shooting activities at the range. New members will receive basic RSO instruction to perform their club volunteer requirements. Members are encouraged to sign-up for NRA Certified RSO training.
- Control the firing line.
- Maintain order on the range.
- Ensure that shooters follow range regulations.
- Conduct basic inspection of ammo and firearms for rules compliance
- Help educate new users about the range and shooting rules.
- Enforce the rules when necessary.
Members in good standing, may request to opt-out of monthly RSO duties by paying $400 annual dues.
Contact the Membership Chair email@example.com